MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation Email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Only about 75% of activation emails are getting to my end users. It looks like yahoo, aol, excite and hotmail have all blocked these emails.

I do have vbulletin running on the same server with another site, and every member receives their activation emails. So I don't think it's a server issue.

Maybe it's some keywords in the email. It's weird because the emails aren't even winding up in the bulk bins, they just don't get there at all.
If they aren't getting there at all, it has nothing to do with the content of the email that might be picked up as spam, as the email never reaches the spam filter. Are you sure you set up your email settings correctly?
I'm not sure. Where can I edit the email settings?
If you are root on the server, then check mail server logs for any errors. Also check postmaster mailbox for bounced or not delivered emails. There must be an explanation of the problem.
I just received a couple of emails from members trying to sign up. They said the activation email was blank. I tried signing up as a new member myself, and it worked. Why would they be getting blank activation emails?
I know if you change your email address or re request the activation email it comes blank. I had a handful of members with that problem so I had to activate them manually.
I couldn't figure out the problem. I decided to enable instant activation. I also install the multiple email plugin.