MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Help For First Time Forum Downloader....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've downloaded the latest software already. I've extracted all the files. But, I cannot find the correct free hosting service, and the correct FTP service.

Also, when I found a few FTP services, but, when I tried uploading the "Upload" folder files, I could not find the database address so I can upload those files into the database. I need some serious help in this matter. I need some direct detailed help to do this.

So, can someone tell me a good free hosting service and FTP service that works well enough to upload the files? Also, can someone tell me how to upload the files into a database?

Please respond ASAP while I still have the files extracted,
CDMS
You don't upload anything to a database. You need to use an FTP client or a file manager provided by your host, and upload the files there. Then you need to create a database, and you put the details of it into the installer. Maybe also read this: [Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
What is a stable FTP client? Also, is there a really easy to use straight forward free host I could use? I've been at this for close to 5 hours straight and I really could use some help.
Well, FileZilla is apparently quite good, but your host will probably come with a file manager you can use. There's loads of free hosts here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-30827.html

If you'd prefer to just have a forum, and not have to set it all up, you could use something like CreateBB.
So, correct me if I'm wrong, I only need a Host with a file manager to upload MyBB? Do I need FileZilla?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions. I just would like not to spend hours more on doing this....
You don't 'just' need it to install, you need it to upgrade, install plugins, themes... I've never seen a host without a file manager; FileZilla, or other FTP clients are simply an alternative. You just need a way to upload files to the server, whether that's with the host's file manager or an FTP client is totally up to you.