MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 Forbidden errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just installed a fresh MyBB installation onto my control panel. I have filled in all the information correctly, however when I go to my administrator control panel, it loads up. When I try clicking 'Preferences' or 'Version Check' for example, I receive the following error message:

Quote:Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What have I done wrong? The only thing I've touched since installing the forum software is deleting the '/install' folder from my directory.
If I was to request my host provider to disable mod_security, would that effect specifically only my account, or the entire server and future accounts I create?

I am on a reseller account btw.
Problem solved. I contacted my host provider and they whitelisted mod_security.
Glad the problem is solved Smile
hello
i have got the same problem
[Image: 1238922137.jpg]
and
[Image: 1239034977.jpg]

what's wrong with my forum ?
plz guide me
See the link in Joshua's first post.
(2009-04-05, 04:05 PM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]See the link in Joshua's first post.

hi
please seee this forum and test new post with reply
www.azarfx.com/forum
regards
Did you follow the instructions in our wiki?
i follow this post but do'nt solved problem
(2008-12-23, 09:01 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-22, 01:20 AM)hookyboysb Wrote: [ -> ]This doesn't work for me. The whole forum is affected, not just a single page.

This is more a problem with your htaccess. If you can access your ACP (by going directly to yourforum/admin/, or to wherever if you've moved that directory), then go to Configuration => Server and Optimization Options and switch Enable search engine friendly URLs? to disabled.

You could also delete .htaccess from your forum root, if it is there.
and
instructions in our wiki?
Follow the link in my last post.
Pages: 1 2