MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: There is not good SEO mod in MYBB!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I changed script forum phpbb to mybb and mybb has not got good seo mods.

-----------------------------------------

I was sarching internet and I found "Tag Cloud - Etiket Bulutu", I don't know what is it. It shows the newest topics (not tags), doesn't support popular plugin Seo Links!, also it doesn't add "tag" on footer. MyBB has got no TAG mod!

------------------------------------------

What about (Dynamic) Meta Tag there is 3 plugins for that, but no one is good. When I looked in the code of page I saw "4x meta dexcription" and "3x meta keywords".

-------------------------------------------------

Have you seen seo mod for vB ? It makes tags on footer and also on the categories. Look (here is example of categories)
[Image: 42118461.th.jpg]

Let me translate:
Popularne tagi Biznes = Popular Tags Bussnes

---------------------------------------------

Next problem is "Sitemap XML Generator" it doesn't support Seo Links! - this plugin is generating sitemap with showthread?tid=xxx, when I tried add this sitemap to GooGle Webmaster Tools it shows only Warnings.

---------------------------------------------

MyBB is choosing by group of people who wants to make their forum Seo Frendly. But how to make taht with so many errors. (Please look at the Wordpress, and focus on SEO on this script, see how it is prepared)

Sorry for my bad english (Forgive me 'small knowledge' )
What's wrong with Google SEO?
Google SEO is actually very good indeed. It does a lot.
(2009-04-04, 09:13 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Google SEO is actually very good indeed. It does a lot.

My site has jumped five pages on Google search for "Beyblade" since I installed it. Big Grin
yyy What plugin do you mean? I was a little interesting in seo things, so I'm telling you that it is a big problem (it is possible to fix all this plugins) ?

Ok, you jumped, but when somebody fix these bugs you can be much better in google.
Is this a free plugin and where can I download it? BTW I saw this plugin, click.
I have seen quite a few people complain about this SEO MOD http://mods.mybboard.net/view/mybb-seo however I have installed it and it's working fine.

I was just wondering. Before I actually release my forums, and get started. Am I better off changing to this newer Google SEO MOD?
Well, that other one is old, people have had problems, and the author hasn't been around for ages.

Google SEO is being actively developed by someone who visits the forum every day, who clearly knows what they're doing, plus it has many more features.

Choice is yours....
I guess it would be safer to go with a MOD, that is being developed and supported regularly. Wink
Pages: 1 2