MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i do this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay i want to set it so whenever someone logs out of my forum it clears the cookies?
It will clear up space on my forum then

the website is www.thestudenthangout.co.uk

Any ideas?
Cookies are stored on the user's machine - not the forum's database/filesystem..
(2009-04-04, 10:37 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]Cookies are stored on the user's machine - not the forum's database/filesystem..

OKay. So how do i still get them to clear when they log out?
Why would you need to?? Undecided I guess you could remove the option from their UserCP to allow them to save their login details with cookies but I can't think of any benefits to your from clearing data from their own computer. It'd be very annoying if it was done to me to be perfectly honest.
(2009-04-04, 10:41 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you need to?? Undecided I guess you could remove the option from their UserCP to allow them to save their login details with cookies but I can't think of any benefits to your from clearing data from their own computer. It'd be very annoying if it was done to me to be perfectly honest.

OKay if it wont do anything ill leave it Smile
Well, what were you hoping to achieve by doing it??
(2009-04-04, 10:48 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well, what were you hoping to achieve by doing it??

idk. just liked the look of it saying cookies have been cleared LOL
You can change the language variable if you want - but it would be a lie. Smile
Oh actually..

You could probably change the logout link to what is found via the help documents.
http://community.mybboard.net/misc.php?a...help&hid=3