MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error 1366
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I attempt to post a event to the calendar I get this error:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'timezone' at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_events (cid,uid,name,description,visible,private,dateline,starttime,endtime,timezone,ignoretimezone,usingtime,repeats) VALUES ('1','2','test','test','1','0','1238847866','1238803200','0','','0','0','N;')

Can someone tell me how to fix this. Love the program by the way, I believe it will be a perfect inclusion into our site.

I checked the time zone in the settings, it appears to be set correctly. Just cannot figure out how to correct this problem.

Thanks
pingram
From memory... this is because MySQL is in strict mode. I'll have a look in the bug reports forum but I'm 99% sure that's it.
Super, but can you tell a novice how I can get MySql out of strict mode. I own the server but not familiar with all the inner workings. I can get into the mysql command prompt, would you know the command to take it out of strict mode or is there another way.

Thanks
pingram

Also my forum says Forum is locked, do i need to attempt to remove this lock. I gather i need to move the install folder and something else I believe, but will that remove the lock automatically.

Thanks
pingram
I'm not sure how to do that, sorry, hopefully someone else will be able to help you out on that soon.

And yeah, if it's saying the install folder is there, just remove that folder.
Does someone from mybboard know how to fix this issue with the strict mode in mysql??
I found this information via google search:
on vbulletin
$config['Database']['force_sql_mode'] to true in your includes/config.php file!
onmysql
Open your "my.ini" file within the MySQL installation directory, and look for the text "sql-mode". Find: Code: # Set the SQL mode to strict ...

But I would want this to be on a client basis and I am not sure how to do this.

pingram
And one other issue for someone at mybboard.net, my forum says it is locked, I uninstalled the "install" directory but it still says Forum Locked, how do I get this off. I did a search in the forum and do not see any reference to this problem, I must be the only dummy around.

Thanks
pingram
Nah , NOT required to delete install folder, just rename it such as
/install_123, and this is use ful for you to ypgrade your forum later on,
and if your forum says it is locked, then simply go to admin CP and under settings
go to the first setting named Board online/offline, and in Board Closed Tab click 'No' and save settings
Smile
(2009-04-04, 04:54 PM)pingram Wrote: [ -> ]Does someone from mybboard know how to fix this issue with the strict mode in mysql??
on vbulletin
onmysql
Open your "my.ini" file within the MySQL installation directory, and look for the text "sql-mode". Find: Code: # Set the SQL mode to strict ...

pingram
And one other issue for someone at mybboard.net, my forum says it is locked, I uninstalled the "install" directory but it still says Forum Locked, how do I get this off. I did a search in the forum and do not see any reference to this problem, I must be the only dummy around.

Thanks
pingram

vB Bulletin is quite diferent what myBB is . you can execute mySQL commands right from the phpmyadmin,
but to this situation that you are facing with, i suggest just wait as i am assuming that it is YOUR SERVER problem not with your forum
(2009-04-05, 05:36 AM)Ghazala_Wali Wrote: [ -> ]Nah , NOT required to delete install folder, just rename it such as

You get a new one with each upgrade, there's no real need to keep it.
Open the file calendar.php and search for:
$event['timezone'] = $mybb->input['timezone'];
Replace with:
$event['timezone'] = intval($mybb->input['timezone']);

For reference: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-43910.html
(2009-04-05, 05:36 AM)Ghazala_Wali Wrote: [ -> ]Nah , NOT required to delete install folder, just rename it such as
and if your forum says it is locked, then simply go to admin CP and under settings
go to the first setting named Board online/offline, and in Board Closed Tab click 'No' and save settings
Smile
(2009-04-04, 04:54 PM)pingram Wrote: [ -> ]Does someone from mybboard know how to fix this issue with the strict mode in mysql??
on vbulletin
onmysql

pingram

Thanks
pingram

vB Bulletin is quite diferent what myBB is . you can execute mySQL commands right from the phpmyadmin,
but to this situation that you are facing with, i suggest just wait as i am assuming that it is YOUR SERVER problem not with your forum

I did what you said
"admin CP and under settings
go to the first setting named Board online/offline, and in Board Closed Tab click 'No' and save settings"
but it still says forum thread locked.
what am i missing
thanks
pingram
Can you printscreen what it's showing because I don't think Ghazala_Wali is thinking the same as what you mean.
Pages: 1 2