MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 Errors in the Admin CP settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently moved hosts. In both my hosts, I have had problems accessing the ACP (previous host: Hostgator). I can login to the index page of the ACP (picture 1), then, for example, I go to Users and Groups with no problem (picture 2), and finally, I click on ANY admin setting, and I get a 403 error (picture 3). It's happening with EVERY admin setting page other than the index page and the category links right below the MyBB logo. Angry

Previously, I have had to ask the support of the host to fix this (they fix it by "whitelisting" the URLs), but now, I'm just fed up with having to do it. Can I get some SOS and might it be addressed in the next release? Sad
Shoot, I think this is a Support issue, could I get it moved? sorry guys.
I believe this is a commonly known issue with malconfigured mod_security for apache.
Look here for more info.
Thanks for the help (this fixed nothing)

Stupid PHP security blocks innocent things but lets through malicious stuff Sad
Thanks Crakter
Nice help Smile
This a host issue, 99.9% of the time caused by mod_security. Are you saying that when it's turned off it still happens??
It's happening. Will there be a ACP rewrite in the next release, cause this is really bugging me.

And I've been trying to contact my new host about it, such a pain.
No, there won't, but this isn't even a problem with MyBB, it's a host issue, they're denying permission for some reason. What are your admin files and folders CHMOD to??
The required settings and the Extras setting as well.
So the admin files and folders are 644 and 755 respectively?? If so, contact your host again.