MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I lost my powers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Team!

For some reason, I have lost my admin powers. Sad

I have two profiles:

http://www.ndet.org/foro/member.php?acti...file&uid=1

and

http://www.ndet.org/foro/member.php?acti...file&uid=3

N. de T. seems to retain some powers (at least it appears in green), but my profile is like any other member.

The first strange thing I saw after upgrade to 1.4 was that I no longer was able to edit a user's profile into Admin, it now went to Mods. (I have no mods in the forum).

I was then trying to organize a private forum within my forum but for select members (you helped me with that yesterday) and everything was working fine, but now, when I try to edit user's profiles (to add a second user group as you taught me) I am forced to change the username to N. de T. and his/her password!!! Sad

I got so annoyed with this that I must have clicked in the very wrong place, so now, as I told you at the beginning... I have no powers at all.

Can you help me, please?

Thanks,

Au (terribly frustrated)
If you are upgrading from 1.2 version, you should delete the lock.txt file from .install/ directory
after this, you upgrade normally, BUT remember that it will remove all plugins from the inc plugins directory, that you are encountering with,
More over plugins of 1.2 version is incompatible to 1.4 so these are also invalid for activating
Not really sure how that reply is linked to the issue here...

Aurora, do you have access to phpMyAdmin?? If you do, run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = 'X'

Check your table prefix and change the X to your UID.
(2009-04-05, 11:07 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Not really sure how that reply is linked to the issue here...

Aurora, do you have access to phpMyAdmin?? If you do, run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = 'X'

Check your table prefix and change the X to your UID.

Hm... Thank you Matt! Everything seems to have gone back to normal now. Except for the smilies... Sad This is my first upgrade experience and it is not easy for me. But you are here. Thanks God. Smile
What's wrong with the smiles? Are they not appearing?
Hi Imad,

These are my Smilies...

http://www.ndet.org/foro/newreply.php?tid=7857

Is there an easy way to have an assortment like we have here? These 20 faces plus [get more] option?

I tried to do it from Admin, but the result was that I even deleted the ones I had with version 1.2. Sad
You only have 5 so it won't say [get more] unless there's more on the list than the setting for how many to show allows. You can upload the default 1.4 ones again if you've deleted them...
(2009-04-09, 12:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You only have 5 so it won't say [get more] unless there's more on the list than the setting for how many to show allows. You can upload the default 1.4 ones again if you've deleted them...

I understand. I will try uploading them again. You'll make a geek out of me! Big Grin

Thank you, Matt. Happy Easter to you and to the great MyBB team!