MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signatures Only after 10 days and 7 posts? And more...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I am new to the community here, and I just finished getting everything almost all set up in a forum I have, http://forum.texasdiscussion.com. Which is supposed to be for a community to talk about texas and things going on, as well as a lot of other things. I've been an SMF guy since...well, lets just say for a long time. I can get my way around it pretty well and am really used to the admin cp. Someone recommended MyBB because it is supposed to be a lot like vBulletin and really a good ap. Well, I have to say, it is pretty decent, but the admin CP is killing me right now.

Now, on to my question. Is there a mod out there somewhere, or a way built in, that I can have it set up where a new member must have say 10 posts and be registered for 7 days. I've seen a lot of forums that do this, running VB, and I was wondering if it is possible here. I have not really figured out how to mess with the user groups too well yet, it's still quite confusing compared towhat I'm used to.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for takin gthe time to read this. Hope someone has an answer.

Randy
Also, I am having huge issues with installing templates. I'm very used to the SMF way of doing things. you just upload all the files into the templates folder and activate it in your admin CP. I've followed the instructions on a couple and things keep coming up messed up. Like the header doesn't appear correctly. I have temporarily given up Sad
lol and one more thing, with SMF you can modify the user agreement for registration. Is it possible here without me digging arond in the source files?
And heck, while we're at it, how do I edit my Meta tags and Meta Discription?
1) I'm not aware of a prefabricated solution but it would be possible with a simple plugin.
3) http://community.mybboard.net/thread-47739.html
4) You can insert your meta tags into the template headerinclude.
You may be able to do something with usergroup promotions for the first bit.