MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ultimate Thanks Plugin (PAID)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, taking one more shot at requesting a thanks plugin.

I know a lot of people don't use the reputation system because negative reputation has the tendency to start arguments. The easiest thing to do if you don't like a user is simply to not rep them at all.

All of the thanks plugins are currently either busted or not very full-featured. So, I think it would be great to build a thanks plugin into the reputation system so you can have a "positive" rep system.

Using the rep system makes a lot of things easier; it's already accepted throughout MyBB, you can do promotions etc. based on it, you can limit the amount of rep one can give per day ...

However, the things that would need to be changed for thanks would be:

"List of thankers" beneath every post in smalltext
Thank button on each post. Ability to click it again to remove thanks (and therefore remove rep)
When user thanks a post, it's posted to the recipient's rep profile with a link to the post in the description.

I'm not a coder, so maybe this isn't feasible. But, there still desperately needs to be a better thanks plugin for MyBB.
Hm. I like the concept, and it is somewhat feasible. The only thing is, instead of having 2 "Thanks" buttons, maybe make it so that when you thank a post it adds your name to the list and shows "Remove thanks" inside of the "people who have thanked this post" box?
(2009-04-05, 08:54 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Hm. I like the concept, and it is somewhat feasible. The only thing is, instead of having 2 "Thanks" buttons, maybe make it so that when you thank a post it adds your name to the list and shows "Remove thanks" inside of the "people who have thanked this post" box?

I never said to have two buttons. My idea would be for the button to change once the post has been thanked, sort of like the multiquote buttons.
(2009-04-05, 08:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-05, 08:54 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Hm. I like the concept, and it is somewhat feasible. The only thing is, instead of having 2 "Thanks" buttons, maybe make it so that when you thank a post it adds your name to the list and shows "Remove thanks" inside of the "people who have thanked this post" box?

I never said to have two buttons. My idea would be for the button to change once the post has been thanked, sort of like the multiquote buttons.
You'd still need two buttons though, thanked and remove thanks.
Do you mean two button images? If so, well, yeah. I think that method is a lot more elegant ...
Yeah, I do mean two button images - sorry. I suppose either method, yours or mine, would be nice.
Well, it probably won't matter anyway, as I'm not hopeful this will ever be made haha
What a great attitudeWink Once I familiarize myself with the system more and how things are inserted into templates, I'll take a stab at it - how's that sound?
that'd be cool

it seems like most plugin requests are never fulfilled and this forum is mostly a pipe dream, and i've requested thanks plugins multiple times before with really no discussion on it
I'm not sure, why, either - as tons of people have suggested it as a default feature in the ideas sectionToungue
Pages: 1 2