MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Coverting phpBB3 to myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
I downloaded the covert folder and uploaded it into the folder where myBB is installed. When I point my browser to http://www.advertisingcentral.org/forum/covert - It says I must have myBB installed. I already do so what do I do?
Hiya Matt,
Sorry I didn't get around to replying to your PM regarding this, I've been quite busy. Try taking a look at this page on the Wiki, [Wiki: Running the Merge System].
(2009-04-05, 09:01 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Hiya Matt,
Sorry I didn't get around to replying to your PM regarding this, I've been quite busy. Try taking a look at this page on the Wiki, [Wiki: Running the Merge System].

Hi Tom,
I did read through that and it hasn't solved my problem. I have phpBB3 installed in one folder and myBB on the other. They're both on the same server. When I upload the covert folder into the myBB folder, and point my browser to http://www.advertisingcentral.org/forum/convert - It is telling me that I must have an active myBB installation which of course I do (located here) http://www.advertisingcentral.org/forum

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm not a beginner doing this so I'm totally stumped on what the issue is. Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks Tom.
I'll have to look into this and get back to you, mate - as I've never done a conversion from phpBB3->MyBB.
(2009-04-05, 09:37 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have to look into this and get back to you, mate - as I've never done a conversion from phpBB3->MyBB.

Thanks Tom, let me know when you re-upload the covert folder, I've removed it for now Smile.
I've got all the files up, I'm just busy at the moment. So drop me a PM later so I don't forget, if you wouldn't mind? - Tom
(2009-04-05, 10:10 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I've got all the files up, I'm just busy at the moment. So drop me a PM later so I don't forget, if you wouldn't mind? - Tom

Sent you a PM as requested.
(2009-04-06, 04:06 AM)Matthew2991 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-05, 10:10 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I've got all the files up, I'm just busy at the moment. So drop me a PM later so I don't forget, if you wouldn't mind? - Tom

ThanksWink I'll work on it when I get some free time. I didn't read the PM so I'll remember it's there because of the notice. - Tom
(2009-04-06, 07:37 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]

ThanksWink I'll work on it when I get some free time. I didn't read the PM so I'll remember it's there because of the notice. - Tom

Did you need any FTP information?
(2009-04-07, 08:35 PM)Matthew2991 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-06, 07:37 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]

Did you need any FTP information?
I doubt I will be able to do this as I'm currently having some personal issues I need to get a grip on, and need to study for some tests. Sorry mate.