MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stars on MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are the stars used here on MyBB that are found in user titles the only colour provided by MyBB on a fresh installation? The only reason why I'm asking this is because it would be good if different colours were created in order to represent different user groups.

For example, the administrator group uses a gold star (which is the default), super moderators use a red star and moderators use a blue star.

Is there any provided here to date or do I have to request them?
MyBB ships with gold stars only. But you can add any graphics you want as you can change the path to the used images in your ACP.
Is there any way to request custom-made ones then, that are in the exact same style/shape as the gold ones?
(2009-04-06, 10:00 AM)Michael83 Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB ships with gold stars only. But you can add any graphics you want as you can change the path to the used images in your ACP.

I've found something! When you are about to rate someone's topic, you however over the stars and they turn blue. Where is this image located in the MyBB files?
in images directory look for "stars.gif"
Its a three stars set
MyBB uses a javascript when someone uses to rate any thread, the stars on the second row become active and the other two, (upper star and the bottom star) becomes invisble.
When user finishes off the rating, it become the forst star and thus stops the script Smile
So I am unable to get the exact location of the blue star within my MyBB files?
Nah, you can find it and can edit to suit your needs

ghazal
The filename is 'star_rating'. Is this the one you're talking about ghazal?
Exactly... Smile
Great, thanks a lot ghazal! Wink
Pages: 1 2