MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PR2 sub-categories - bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I couldn't find anything to solve my problem and I think it's a bug, so I'm bringing it to your attention.

Please visit my board at http://www.rs-legends.de/board/ to try this.

Let's pick the category "Grand Prix Legends". Below that there's a sub-category "RSL F1 Championship". When I click on the main category to just get the content of "Grand Prix Legends" the sub-category is missing. Looking at the source code there is a template call for forumbit_depth1_cat_subforum but it's empty, just start and end with an empty line in between. Looking in my template set I couldn't find any template named like this, assuming it to be in the Forum Bit section.
I'm not really sure but I couldn't imagine this to be intended behaviour.Rolleyes Should be easy to fix if it's just a missing template.

Another question regarding this:
Is there an option to show the forums inside sub-categories on the index page as well? An indication of new posts would be useful, too...

I upgraded from RC4 a few days ago, so this problem could be related to the update process.

Can
Which set of code are you using for your forum?
I'm not quite sure what you mean, it's PR2 with all the latest updates and fixes. I copied the default template set, gave it a new name and changed it a bit to get this RC4-like style.
The problem also exists with the default theme and templates, I tried this, too.

Can
Because it's just a minor issue I didn't want to start a new thread:
Despite having the board statistics disabled in the Admin CP's Portal Settings the box is still showing on the portal page. Removing the search box did work tho...

Can
Canadien, that bug has already been fixed for 1.0 final.
The first one or the stubborn stats box?

For the first prob I posted I'd like to ask for a quick fix, if that's possible. I put direct links on my portal page that guests are directed to, and they can't see the full content of these categories when they follow them.

Can
The stubborn stats box has been fixed for 1.0 final.

The second problem has to do with your modified template. The default contents of the forumbit_depth1_cat_subforum template is this:

<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="6"><strong>&raquo;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="forumdisplay.php?fid=$forum[fid]">$forum[name]</a></strong><br /><span class="smalltext">$forum[description]</span></td></tr>$forums

Add that back in the template you are using and it should work fine again.
Funny thing is, I haven't modified that template at all, it just wasn't there.
Thanks, I will try that.Smile

Can
Yep, that's it. Added the template and it works.
[attachment=1580]
Thanks again!Wink

Can