MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Password problem with mergesystem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm having a hard time migrating from FluxBB 1.2.21 to MyBB 1.4.4 and I'd like to know if you could help.

I install MyBB 1.4.4 without a problem everything is fine, create an admin account, I can login to the admincp fine.

I then run the mergesystem (mybb_merge_svnsnap_r4298.zip) and migrate my FluxBB database, after I run the migration, I can no longer access the admin account create at the step above, and I can't connect to my accounts that have been migrated through the merge.

I found why I can't logon to the Admin account, the Admin group number has changed after the merge so I amend it directly in mysql. At this point I regained full admin access to the AdminCP.

I found a couple of post talking about similar problems so following the advice I replaced the member.php and loginconvert.php.

After applying the patches, I managed to connect using my fluxbb account with admin privileges.

I thought everything was fine but it appears that some of the other people helping me with the testing can't connect, they get a message saying that the password is incorrect.

Another issue is that my forum is in french, and some of the special characteres don't seem to be converted properly.

One last thing, before trying the mergesystem from version 1.4 I tried 1.2 but I had similar problems with passwords, on different accounts though.

Could you please help me sorting this out?

Many thanks.
I'm not sure what to do as I've never heard of FluxBB and know it's not supported by the Merge System.
The Merge System does not support FluxBB.
FluxBB is a fork of PunBB, version 1.2.21 is the exact copy of PunBB 1.2.21, only the php code changes not the database.

It is pretty much a search and replace of all the PunBB name by FluxBB.
We still do not support FluxBB
Oh common!

There is no difference whatsoever between fluxbb and punbb in the database itself, the changes happened on the php code!