MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TVJibber.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok.. so this is my first stab using Mybb.

www.tvjibber.com

Feel free to join and "Jibber" about your favorite TV shows, actors and/or characters. It is still a very new site/community but if you like to watch TV then I invite you to participate.

If anything, I would like to have feedback on the site.

Oh and by the way, I love Mybb. By far one of the best bb scripts I have used and it's free !!

Cheers,
Too many forums, imho. And the colors don't match wellConfused Other than that, best of luck mateSmile
(2009-04-07, 12:52 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Too many forums, imho. And the colors don't match wellConfused Other than that, best of luck mateSmile

Thanks for the feedback Tom. I don't how to get around having all of the forums given the subject of the website. I will look into re organizing the forums.

Anyone else have feedback.. It's much appreciated

Cheers
Yeah, there seems to be too many forums. What if people come and nobody talks about show X? You'll just have an empty forum there.

One thing you could try is have your main forums (ie daytime tv, reality tv) with no subforums. If you notice a large amount of topics about a certain show, or a really popular topic about one, then siphon them off into a new subforum.
Far too many forums, and i am not to sure about the theme..purple and green really arent my thing. Good Luck with it.
Too much sub-forums. Now it looks really empty.

Good luck with it!
Hmm split into genres.

Too many sub-forums and the theme is a tad boring or dull
Thanks all for the great feedback. I am in the process now of consolidating all of the forums. I am curious if there is a plugin/mod that will allow for a "popular" section something similar to the Announcements but customizable.

So for example, if I consolidate the Reality TV forums to a genre forum and within that forum a Popular section up top. So if you click on Reality Genre you will see a couple of the more popular shows at the top as sub-forums and the general Reality Genre below. I hope that makes sense... Smile I will go look and see if any mods/plugins are available.

Thanks again.
(2009-04-07, 01:39 PM)ElguaPaul Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks all for the great feedback. I am in the process now of consolidating all of the forums. I am curious if there is a plugin/mod that will allow for a "popular" section something similar to the Announcements but customizable.

So for example, if I consolidate the Reality TV forums to a genre forum and within that forum a Popular section up top. So if you click on Reality Genre you will see a couple of the more popular shows at the top as sub-forums and the general Reality Genre below. I hope that makes sense... Smile I will go look and see if any mods/plugins are available.

Thanks again.
Lightbulb
Nevermind, as I am becoming more and more familiar with MyBB and the greatness that it is, I have figured out.
Ok, I took many suggestions into consideration and have updated the site. Please take a look. Provide feedback as you see fit.
No family guy forums!??!
How dare you!
Toungue

It's not bad, I may join.
Pages: 1 2