MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey

umm there are 2 things i dont understand in MASS Mailling which is in the admin CP

1- What does Messages to send at once referres to ?? what is 500 ?

2- how is it that you choose Unregistered / Not Logged In group, to whom the message will be sent ??

well also i have searched if it's possible to send it to those who haven't signed since a specific date !! but it seems it's not included!!
so maybe now i'm suggesting it Big Grin

Many thanks
Messages to send at once refers to the emails to send. If you don't have a very fast server, choosing too many emails to send at once will crash the server. Therefore, MyBB has an option to specify the number of emails to send at once. If you choose 500, the server will send the emails per 500, then wait a bit, then send the next 500. It's very useful Smile
Last time I tried using the mass PM feature there was a huge bug in that it always sent the PM to everyone registered on your forums no matter what groups you selected. I imagine that bug exists with the mass mail feature as well.

Apparently it has been fixed in the development version of mybb but it's not yet fixed in whatever version you're using. Just a heads up.