MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post content lost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nope. Just plain text. Also i am getting wierd images in some posts. I posted a merge system support thread but no one has replied yet Sad
You should try using the MyBB 1.4 Version of the Merge System. It's essentially the MyBB 1.2 Merge System but twice as good.
Oh well. I can't try the 1.4 merge system because the forum already has 50 new posts.
How do you run the merge again if you already ran it? Won't that screw up the Database? And by 1.4 Merge do you mean the SVN Snapshot?
(2009-04-08, 05:29 PM)Kamen Wrote: [ -> ]How do you run the merge again if you already ran it? Won't that screw up the Database? And by 1.4 Merge do you mean the SVN Snapshot?

No it shouldn't. The Merge System was built so that you can merge multiple forums into one without loosing data. Simply start out with a fresh MyBB forum and run the Merge System. And yes, I mean the SVN Snapshot
SVN Snapshot worked for me. I didn't want to delete and make a new set of forums to run the merge on so I did it on my existing board and then just deleted the old Forum Categories and left the new ones it converted over. The posts are now showing all of their content.
Any other issues?
Nope, I don't think so. I will just remember to use the SVN Snapshot from now on if I need to merge anything over.
If i run the merge again with the SVN snapshot will all new posts since the merge be lost or will they all be kept and the missing content from posts restored?
Ok, I ran the SVN merge and now i have the forums with new posts + olds posts and a set of forums with the old posts. How can i merge those to forums together replacing any missing content?
Pages: 1 2