MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Apostrophes in usernames gave me an SQL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, the thing is: I just invited a friend of mine to my forums, and he registered with the username Music'. He told me that after registration he got an error dealing with "username=Music'' (he didn't remeber anything else, since he didn't print it).
And when I was browsing my forums, when I click in any thread which my friend posted in, I got the same error as he did (and he confirmed it, when he got the error again).
Then, I searched for the error here: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Help:...r_Messages but I didn't find anything. I was going to ask for help already, but then I noticed the error and I think he can't register with an apostrophe in the username.
I changed his nickname (cut'd the apostrophe) and I can now browse every thread he posted in.

Here's the error:
Hamin' X

MyBB escapes apostrophes in usernames, but a plugin may not, which may cause an error.
hmm ok. I'll rename him to Music' again, and keep deactivating plugins till it works.
Yes, it was a plugin problem. I deactivated MyReputation (from MyBBSource) and it does work now.
I'm marking this as bogus as it is the fault of a plugin. Please note that this issue is a security vulnerability. You should contact the author of the plugin so that he can publish an update.