MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] WOL Innacuracies [C-Imad Jomaa]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I noticed this serveral times and it didn't really bother me although it is still something that should be looked at.
I also recognized this problem with someone reading a thread and someone replying to it on the german forums. Because of that I dumped the sessions table when it happened again. In the location field of the affected member i found this:
Quote:/newreply.php?ajax=1?action=do_newreply&tid=12963
I'm not sure if this is the reason for this strange behavior but it can lead to problems when identifying the real location.

Here's the corresponding line in jscripts/thread.js:
new Ajax.Request('newreply.php?ajax=1', {method: 'post', postBody: post_body, onComplete: function(request) { Thread.quickReplyDone(request); }});
I definitely find the duplicate members on WOL page quite oddConfused
(2009-04-13, 03:31 PM)Michael83 Wrote: [ -> ]I also recognized this problem with someone reading a thread and someone replying to it on the german forums. Because of that I dumped the sessions table when it happened again. In the location field of the affected member i found this:
Quote:/newreply.php?ajax=1?action=do_newreply&tid=12963
I'm not sure if this is the reason for this strange behavior but it can lead to problems when identifying the real location.

Here's the corresponding line in jscripts/thread.js:
new Ajax.Request('newreply.php?ajax=1', {method: 'post', postBody: post_body, onComplete: function(request) { Thread.quickReplyDone(request); }});

I see this issue in the code, and I will fix it
I just want to add that this is the reason for the issue. It happens after a user posted a reply using the quickreply form. I was able to reproduce this.
Other then the one issue that Michael stated, and of which I have already fixed, we have narrowed down the issue to extensions/addons:

1) Faster fox - This extension precache's pages. i.e. index.php -> precache's forumdisplay.php. forumdisplay.php -> precache's showthread.php

2) PM Check Addon - Checks for new PMs on MyBB forums and notifies the user, so this was making calls to private.php periodically which makes the WOL change the location to private.php even if the user didn't him/herself.

Thanks,
Ryan
Glad you got it fixedSmile
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group
Will this also fix the double-display of users?
(2009-04-14, 05:55 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Other then the one issue that Michael stated, and of which I have already fixed, we have narrowed down the issue to extensions/addons:

Any issues past what I already stated have not been addressed by development or otherwise confirmed by SQA.
Pages: 1 2 3