MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Glossy Error Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: glossy.png]
Hey guys,

I was working on making my forums look better and my mysql crashed, but I saw that the error page doesn't look the best so I wanted to improve it as usual. I ran it on my test board to show, and here are the results.

Okay here is how to achieve this simple mod:

1. Download and place this file in your /images/ directory
Do not rename it: [Image: errorbg.gif] (Should be: error_bg.gif)

2. Make a modification to /inc/class_error.php
Go to line 475, it should be a CSS section that starts of h2...

Replace all of line 475 with:
		h2 { font-size: 12px; padding: 4px; background: #B60101; background-image: url('images/error_bg.gif'); background-repeat: repeat-x; color: #fff; margin: 0; }

That's it and it looks really nice when you have an error which is unfortunate :p

Supporters
Tom Loveric (Staff)
Bey Brad
CraKteR
Screeny, please?
(2009-04-07, 07:14 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Screeny, please?

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9039/my...123913.png

I've actually been thinking of doing some customization to my error page and Admin CP ...
Thanks BradSmile That actually looks pretty niceBig Grin
Oh, and if you guys want to include it with the next release of MyBB 1.4 then my copyright is released :p
That's really unnecessary. How often do you plan on seeing a fatal error?
(2009-04-07, 08:47 PM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]That's really unnecessary. How often do you plan on seeing a fatal error?

if it's this beautiful, i can only hope i see it near constantly!
(2009-04-07, 08:47 PM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]That's really unnecessary. How often do you plan on seeing a fatal error?
That's not really the point though, if there is a error it should look inviting none the less.
(2009-04-07, 08:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

if it's this beautiful, i can only hope i see it near constantly!

That's easy enough :p
Well just saying I do a lot of tweaking of MyBB and this is one of the things I did, and again I would be thrilled if it got into the next release... and why not? You can beat IPB, they have crap error pages....

Fricken IPB... I hate their guts since 2.0 lol
(2009-04-07, 08:54 PM)CraKteR Wrote: [ -> ]
That's not really the point though, if there is a error it should look inviting none the less.

Uhm, no, it shouldn't. Should the big LED screens on some highways, that indicate traffic incidents up ahead, have flowers and heart symbols next to the status report?

We won't be making error pages fancy.
Pages: 1 2 3