MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using Xampp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Error

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:
Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?

Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

I get that error On the Database Configuration

I want to do a 24/7 Host what website could i use? instead of using Xampp
im not sure what xampp is but do you have a hosting account with some one already or are you trying to run your own server ?

anyhow you are getting the error because of a couple of reasons
1. There is no such database
2. The username or password is wrong

there are loads of web hosts avail. search around google. if you still cant decide pm me ill give you a hand.
xampp is a development server and NOT meant to use for live site.
What can i use i cant find any good 1s
(2009-04-08, 08:25 PM)Xenonx Wrote: [ -> ]What can i use i cant find any good 1s
Did you try WAMP?
When using XAMPP or WAMP, unless you change something, the database host is localhost, username is root, there's no password, and the database name is whatever you call it when you make it.

But I wouldn't recommend either of these for a live site... unless you maximise the security.
(2009-04-08, 09:20 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]When using XAMPP or WAMP, unless you change something, the database host is localhost, username is root, there's no password, and the database name is whatever you call it when you make it.

But I wouldn't recommend either of these for a live site... unless you maximise the security.
And double/triple check that it will be secure.
I cant use wamp wat website shud i use i need it 24/7
If you can't compile the necessary services for a web host yourself, and keep them secure, then you're better off for someone to host it for you.

XAMPP and WAMP should only be used in a development environment.
Find a normal host?? Undecided
Pages: 1 2