MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dropdown boxes font colour is black?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings,

If you scroll to the bottom of a forum or a topic, it shows these drop down boxes which got black font colours in them:

[link]

I've tried to find it with Dreamweaver using the find feature to search for '000000' and '000', no result except my background colour (the background outside all tables).

I also tried search function, but to no avail.

I'm probably overlooking something, can anyone point me to where? Huh

Cheers,
-MV
this is possibly the easiest way

get into ur acp and navigate to

templates and styles---> templates ---> your theme ---> forum jump templates--->forum jump advance.

check on the second line what the span class is. if im correct it should be smalltext .

if it is smalltext(if not remember the span class) head back to templates and styles ---> themes ---> your theme ---> global css ---> edit style sheet advanced mode.

hit ctrl + f in your browser type in smalltext (if your span class above was something different substitute tht in here) you should find .smalltext
add

color: rgb(255, 255, 255);

again before

font-size: 10px;

if it already exists just change the rgb vlues to your need

*10px could change according to your theme
Hmm indeed that seems at least reasonable.

I applied it but it doesn't work. Also just adding the colour in format #909090 (the colour I want them to be in) doesn't work.

Thanks for the help, but do you or anyone else have an idea how to fix this?
yikes my bad its not smalltext ... i was thinking of the edits i did yest to my forum sorry ..

u need to change the css for the drop downs i have to check which one it is hang on

edit :
im not a 100% on this one sorry but firebug points to div#container

try changing the colour of div#container in the global.css im not sure if this will backfire...if it does just put the colour that was already there back ...
hmm I don't seem to have a div#container in my css. I've tried to add it to the css, to no effect. Sad

I guess if it was coloured in black in the global.css I would've found it using search... Maybe I miss a class defining the colour of those menu's or something?

Keep in mind, it's not just forum jump's font which is black. It's also the mod and admin function dropdown list which is black.
all of it will use the same css property... so naturally everything will be black... if you use firefox get the firebug add on select inspect in it and move your mouse to the drop down box it will tell u the css elements its using....
Yes it doesn't really clear any things up. The colour for the font is #909090... which is a grey tone. There really isn't anything that could conflict with it.

Sad
yea i checked it out too strange ... whats the theme called ? let me see if i can download it and have a look...
(2009-04-09, 04:58 AM)madshark Wrote: [ -> ]yea i checked it out too strange ... whats the theme called ? let me see if i can download it and have a look...

It's custom made. Smile

I've just made a new skin on the MyBB 1.4.4 version, as the previous skin was from 1.2.9. The main difference is that you can't change the colours of links separately anymore - they all fall under the same rule.

But the problem stilll exists. Anyone have a clue?
I had this issue once, drove my nuts. From memory, look for CSS classes that have 'input' in the name. I believe it's one of those.
Pages: 1 2