MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Color tags - ability to nest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unless there is a limitation, I don't see why it would hurt to have the ability to nest color tags.
It was only a matter of time before you posted this (less than a minute in fact). I second this.
I'm just that quickToungue
I honestly find this to be pointless. Nesting is the improper way to use it, and it would just invalidate the HTML anyway.
(2009-04-09, 01:15 AM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly find this to be pointless. Nesting is the improper way to use it, and it would just invalidate the HTML anyway.

The color tag creates a span element, which can be nested.

The crux of the problem is that a REGEX can't account for nesting to an unknown depth. To fix this problem, we would need a parser, which would complicate custom MyCode tags.
(2009-04-09, 01:38 AM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-09, 01:15 AM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly find this to be pointless. Nesting is the improper way to use it, and it would just invalidate the HTML anyway.

The color tag creates a span element, which can be nested.

You're right actually. For some odd reason, I thought it used the font element. Toungue
Why would you need to nest color tags?
Why not do it? It's a lot easier than needing to do [code]obotgkbo [color=color1]ovktrvotr[/color]
Sometimes a little bit of work beats trumped up, complex, buggy, code.
Well since it won't officially happen, is it at least possible for me to do it on my own forums?
Pages: 1 2