MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group emails don't work...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,
although I use MyBB as forum fof my website since several time, I have tested just now the functionality "group e-mails".
But I have noted that they don't work! I sent a group mail the last 27/02 to all users; in "status" it appears "in queue" although as "sending date" there is 27/02.
Yesterday I tried to send a second group e-mail but only to administrator group (composed by only one member --> myself) but the problem still remains: I don't receive any mail!

All composed group mail are situated into "queue of group e-mail" tab, while in "archive of group mail" there is nothing (it appears "there isn't any group e-mail sent or deleted").

How is it possible? The system doesn't work even if I send the group e-mail as PM instead of e-mail.

Thanks in advance for who will help me. Sorry for my bad translation in english but I am italian and I have myBB translated in italian, too.

Paolo
are you using the mass email function ??

if so go to tools and maintenance ---> task manager

you will see a list of tasks one of them will be named mass email.. next to it there will be a little clock icon with an arrow press that to run the task see if that works...
Yes doing this it works!! But is there any way to perform the task automatically?

Thanks Wink
you can specify the timings to run etc automatically ... click on options and edit next to the mass email task..
The problem is that although it is set automatically the mass mail of the 27/02/2009 still yesterday was in queue! If I don't run the tasc manually the mass mail function doesn't work Sad
maybe it wasnt scheduled properly ... why dont you try it again with a new batch and auto run ?
Just tried, but nothing happens Sad
could you tell me the settings you entered for the mass email task ?
seems to be ok are you sure you waited long enough for it to run at the given time ?

what does it say under next run for the mass email task ?

also when composing mass email on the third pae make sure you set it to send immediately.
Pages: 1 2