MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Must have Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are the must have plugins i should have for a forum?

Cohen
It depends on what you need for your forum. Never install a plugin that doesn't provide some real benefit to your website.
OK,

Well i have many plugins Toungue.

I just want to know if i should add more - www.central-forums.net - that is my site.

Cohen
(2009-04-09, 06:58 AM)cohen Wrote: [ -> ]OK,

I just want to know if i should add more - www.central-forums.net - that is my site.

Cohen

What your site needs is less forums and more content. Plugins can't compensate for that.
(2009-04-09, 07:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-09, 06:58 AM)cohen Wrote: [ -> ]OK,

Cohen

What your site needs is less forums and more content. Plugins can't compensate for that.

I have condensed it down as much as i can!

Cohen
No you haven't. At your size you shouldn't have any subforums. You make subforums as you need them. Right now, get rid of all your subforums.
Confused, that is not a good idea....

I have rearranging it now.

Cohen
1) There are already two threads on the topic. 1 is locked.

2) What I do is I make the board, add the content, think of ways to make things easier, then search for those plugins. Remember, plugins never make successful sites. A friend tried to do that, and he failed miserably.
Mmm, not sure what people expect to hear in these sorts of threads. You're the admin, you need to see what your forum needs and what will enhance it. What one person may like, you may hate, and vice versa. What one person may need, you may not, and vice versa. I could give a list of plugins I love or that have made a big difference but they may not have any appeal or relevance to you at all.

Best thing to do is look at what is available and see what you could make use of. There's no point in adding them for the sake of it or because other people think they're good.
Guys come on, make a comprehensive list for plugins for him Toungue
Pages: 1 2