MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions problems (not covered before as I could see)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi MyBBs!

This is my problem: neither of the two Admin profiles I have can do the following:

1) Before upgrading into 1.4, I had the option in the user's profile: EDIT this user in Admin CP. I no longer see it. I only have EDIT this user in Mods Panel which is useless for me. I need to have the choice to go directly from a profile to the Admin Panel to accept a new member, for instance. I no longer can do it. Is there a way to have it as it was before?

2) If I go to the AdminCP and search for the user there, once I find them, my username appears in place of theirs' and if I want to make any change to their status (for example accept them to the forum, making them become "registered") I have to change their password!!!

Neither my profile N.deT. nor my profile Aurora Humarán are working fine as they used to before upgrade to 1.4.

Thanks for your help!

Au
its been requested to add a link to edit a user in the admincp ... there could be a way to manually add the link but im not the person to tell you how to do that...

as for your second issue its happening because you have probably asked your browser to remember your username and password hence it inserts it automatically... i had a similar issue with firefox but with the new update (3.07 i think ) its resolved itself...if not make sure u clear the password fields before making the changes to the users account type this should solve the problem of resetting the password...(of course u will have to put in the correct username as well)

the best bet would be to try it with a different browser where your details arent save and see if the problem reproduces.
(2009-04-09, 08:37 AM)madshark Wrote: [ -> ]its been requested to add a link to edit a user in the admincp ... there could be a way to manually add the link but im not the person to tell you how to do that...

Thank you

Quote:the best bet would be to try it with a different browser where your details arent save and see if the problem reproduces.

Apparently this was the reason as I always open my forum with Chrome. I tried without it and it worked fine. Smile
I went back to Chrome and changed my password, but it did not work. I thought I would receive a new pop up proposing to remember me and I would say NOOOOO!!!!! Big Grin but Chrome seemed to update my password automatically and now the problem is still there.
Thanks for helping me partially solve the problem. I can continue using Chrome for everyday use and whenever I need to edit a member's profile, I will not use it.
If there happens to be a solution to this, please let me know!

THANK YOU!

Au
All you need to do when Chrome put your username and password in is type what their actual username is and clear the password fields...
(2009-04-09, 11:48 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]All you need to do when Chrome put your username and password in is type what their actual username is and clear the password fields...

I thought that would delete their password.Huh
Ok. Will do so! I like Chrome in spite of some problems it still causes me.
Have a nice day guys!
Nope, you only need to put something in the password fields if you're changing it. Otherwise, you could never edit a user in the ACP as you'd never know their password to type in.
(2009-04-09, 11:57 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, you only need to put something in the password fields if you're changing it. Otherwise, you could never edit a user in the ACP as you'd never know their password to type in.

Hm... I see. The fact is that, in relation with the first part of my problem here, I never needed that as I used to click on the "Edit on Admin CP" which took me directly to their profiles.

Matt, I have an open thread (I lost my powers) which ends with a query re my Smilies, could you be kind to help me there? I would like to have the same 20 [get more] panel I see as I type here in N. de T. I did something wrong and not only I have no new ones, but I deleted some in the 1.2 version. Is their a simple way (hey! it's me Smile ) to have nice smilies?

Thanks!
As for #1, use the following post to fix the issue:

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-350...#pid235413