MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: For what is shutdown function option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have small question: for what is shutdown PHP function enabled/disabled in ACP? Can I improve forum performance by enabling this option?
Anything that is added to the shutdown function will be executed at the end of the script - so instead of loading everything at once, it waits till the end to do some of the php (so to speak).

It can improve page loading times, but I'm not 100% sure of the impact.

(Apologies if it's wrong... having a bit of a memory lapse!)
Yes , forums canload faster, as php sql queries are in lesser amount
(2009-04-09, 05:57 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Yes , forums canload faster, as php sql queries are in lesser amount

No. They are just stored and run at the end of the script, rather than slowing it down in the middle of loading.
(2009-04-09, 06:08 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]No. They are just stored and run at the end of the script, rather than slowing it down in the middle of loading.

In both cases it slows down the page to load, Undecided
(2009-04-09, 06:32 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]In both cases it slows down the page to load, Undecided

What? No it doesn't. The shutdown function makes sure essential functions run at the end of script whether the page times out, or if there is a PHP error.
okays Smile
thanks for info Smile