MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Successful Instal yet blank page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went through the install process and the program indicated the install was successful. However, when I go to www.pepilots.com/forums all I get is a blank page. I read something about turning off Gzip but if all I get is a blank page, I don't know how to reach the Admin CP. How do I access the forum?
Your ACP will simply be at http://www.pepilots.com/forums/admin/ but when I go to that, there's an error that seems host related.
(2009-04-09, 01:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Your ACP will simply be at http://www.pepilots.com/forums/admin/ but when I go to that, there's an error that seems host related.

OK, thanks, I'll call Verio and see what they have to say.
I called Verio and stated the following:
The forum program is looking for the file 'index.php' under the /forums directory, which doesn't exist. There is the file 'index.html' in that directory except it is blank. There is a "index.php" located in /forums/archive, which is not blank. It appears the program did not successfully install.
try to remove it from the archive directory and move it to root of your forum
Hope it helps Smile
Why would you want to do that, exactly?? They're different files, they contain different code.

Are you sure you uploaded all the files?? if you did, the fact that the admin directory said that directory listing was not allowed is nothing that can be because of the MyBB files. Now the link you gave doesn't work so not sure what you've done.

Plus, the installer doesn't effect index.php so even if the installer did go wrong, that would have no effect on an index file. Also they said that index.html is blank, when MyBB comes with index.php...
I called Verio and they said to delete all the old files and reinstall, which is what I am in the process of doing. In retrospect it may be possible I did NOT transfer all the files. But if I didn't, I wonder why the install said it was successful?
(2009-04-09, 03:35 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you want to do that, exactly?? They're different files, they contain different code.

Are you sure you uploaded all the files?? if you did, the fact that the admin directory said that directory listing was not allowed is nothing that can be because of the MyBB files. Now the link you gave doesn't work so not sure what you've done.

Plus, the installer doesn't effect index.php so even if the installer did go wrong, that would have no effect on an index file. Also they said that index.html is blank, when MyBB comes with index.php...

He said in the reply that archieve directory contains the index file, It shows that it contain the same coding that index.php root file has,

so in that case, you have to do exactly what Matt saying
I think it can say it's successful if you only upload the ./install/ folder and run the wizard. I'm quite sure all the stuff for the installation is contained in the install folder.

(2009-04-09, 03:40 PM)Ghazala_Wali Wrote: [ -> ]He said in the reply that archieve directory contains the index file, It shows that it contain the same coding that index.php root file has,

He said ./archive/has an index.php, like it should, and that the one in the root is called index.html and is empty, copying the one from ./archive/ into the root would not solve anything.
Yes Man you are right actually Smile don't angry Big Grin