MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Joomla/Fireboard to MyBB Migration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

I manage a forum for our users where we have approximately 5000 users with profiles, access levels and a lot of posts. I've been using Jooma + Community Builder + Fireboard for this and am very interested in migrating away from Joomla entirely for the site.

Currently, the versions are:
- Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable
- Community Builder 1.1
- Fireboard 1.0.3

(Yeah, I know, I need to update these as well and will soon.)

I was browsing the SQL database and it appears there are several tables that are concurrently used. It seems a bit daunting but also seems possible.

That said, I really want to migrate Fireboard to myBB. I would love any assistance in this that you can provide.
Hey jvmanna

Welcome to the MyBB community forums! There isn't a merge system for FireBoard. I don't think it will be created but you can always send someone of the support team (click on the index on "Forum Team") a PM or E-mail and ask for help.

Good luck,
Shell
Wouldn't be any point in PMing or emailing us a question like that, it can be answered on the forums. All we could really say is that, as Shell correctly said, FireBoard isn't supported and probably never will be. I just checked and phpBB and SMF don't have an official converter either... what you could do is find a software that allows you to go from FireBoard > Forum X > MyBB 1.4.