MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Linking to move down in same page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering, each post in a topic has its own URL, therefore I should be able to link to it. However, is it possible to link to a post in the same topic within the first post of that topic?

Hope I am making sense... Huh
Not really, because it hasn't been made yet, so there's no PID. Can you give a practical example of what you're trying to do??
For example, the URL to your post is http://community.mybboard.net/thread-479...#pid334663. If I wanted to provide this link on my first post on this topic, how do I make it simply move down the page to your post instead of opening a whole new tab/window in my browser?
why not achieve this, simply edit your first post and give this URL Smile
It doesn't work though ghazal, I've already tried it on my forum...
Just add a bbcode for [post={post id}] and use a regular link. It should work.
Where would the BB Code go? Before or after the URL?
(2009-04-10, 03:39 AM)PorkoWog Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't work though ghazal, I've already tried it on my forum...

hmm, then what you actually want, can give us a screenshot ?
Not necessarily... I think the thing I want to do is called anchor points...

If there are various sub-headings on a page, I want to have a contents at the top of the page. When they click on the sub-heading in the contents box, the page will automatically scroll down to the sub-heading on the actual page, therefore showing the content underneath that sub-heading without opening a new tab or window.

Is this a better explanation?
i seriously have no idea what you're asking for
Pages: 1 2