MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions for single user?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Erm, the question might sound stupid, but I wasn't able to find a way to give a single user special permissions for a specific category.

I have a user who is member of the ordinary "Users"-Usergroup. This usergroup has no permission to post in a certain forum. Is it possible to allow a single user of this group to post in this forum without creating a new group? I am very sure that's possible... Huh
And in this context: This user is also moderator of the forum but still not able to post. Is that intended?
You can't give individual permissions for a forum to a user, no. If they can't post, on the permissions page for the forum with the issue, check all the permissions, and if they still can't, click Edit Permissions/Set Permissions next to the relevant usergroup, check that the permissions are OK, and tick the option saying 'Use custom permissions below' if you change anything here.
Mh, I whould have bet...
Anyway, wouldn't it be a useful feature if moderators would be able to create posts in a forum even if their usergroup usually is not allowed to?
In that case you can also set special permissions to users in editing the options of user groups more deeply
Yeah, I know. But I have to create a new group in ordner to allow just one user to post in that forum.
And since this user is moderator in the forum I would consider it useful if a moderator automatically gains posting permission for the forums he is mod in.
If they're a mod of it, why wouldn't they have permissions anyway?? Realistically, how many people are going to disallow someone the right to post in a forum but make them a mod of that forum?? Undecided
There was a mod that did this for 1.2, and I really liked it. Would love to see it again for 1.4, and default in 1.6.
Do you have a link? Maybe I am able to adapt that.

Quote:If they're a mod of it, why wouldn't they have permissions anyway?? Realistically, how many people are going to disallow someone the right to post in a forum but make them a mod of that forum?? Undecided
That's exactly my point. The user is mod of this forum (but not in the mod-usergroup) and of course should be allowed to post there. But since he is not member of the mod-usergroup (for several other reasons) I have to create a new group...