MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Access to files only by registering?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
May seem like a stupid question but is there a way to make it so that only registered users can have access to attachment files on the forum? I'm thinking about posting up files on the site that people would want to have but can only have if they register (will hopefully increase forum activity)
sure you can Smile

admincp ---> users and groups ---> groups ---> edit guests group ---> forums and posts tab ---> un-select can download attachments box.
By default, guests already have to register to be able to download files.

Smile
okay one more quetion, can we use an SQL query for such kind of work ?
You want to use an SQL query instead of a setting in the ACP??
(2009-04-09, 06:35 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]okay one more quetion, can we use an SQL query for such kind of work ?

Yep, but utterly pointless.
I mean that If i want to disable this feature altogether rather to delete this from a file, can i still be able to disable this feaure right from the phpmyadmin
You're not deleting anything from a file, you're changing a setting which prevents them downloading... unless I'm missing something here Undecided What do you need to do in phpMyAdmin that can't be done in the ACP??
There some plugin that the guest need to register to view the link or download the attachment.. Forgot where i found it..
(2009-04-09, 06:45 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You're not deleting anything from a file, you're changing a setting which prevents them downloading... unless I'm missing something here Undecided What do you need to do in phpMyAdmin that can't be done in the ACP??

Ohh Man don't angry Toungue

(2009-04-09, 06:46 PM)gamemaster Wrote: [ -> ]There some plugin that the guest need to register to view the link or download the attachment.. Forgot where i found it..

Ar you talking about Guest Acess plugin that Nickman developed
Pages: 1 2