MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No images, at all!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I just installed the latest version of MyBB. I chmod'ed everything correctly and now I have a site that doesn't show images. Not even in the admin panel I have images. What is gone wrong? I did everything exactly like my other forum and there I didn't have a problem.

http://thaleia.tilialinden.com/
What's your images folder CHMOD to??

Same for:
cache/
cache/themes/

Then I thought maybe everything inside must have that chmod as well and did it recursively.
Yeah I'm getting 403 ...
Not sure where it says to CHMOD the images folder. The reason it's broken, and why there's a 403, is because some hosts deem 777 to be a security issue when it isn't necessary, deny access, hence the 403, which breaks the images. Change it to what it needs to be, 755, and it should be OK. If you also CHMODd the actual images for whatever reason they only need to be 644.
could be hotlink protection..as well since you are getting a denied error... see if the domain is added as an exception... also make sure the allow direct requests check box is selected.
(2009-04-09, 07:55 PM)madshark Wrote: [ -> ]could be hotlink protection..as well since you are getting a denied error... see if the domain is added as an exception... also make sure the allow direct requests check box is selected.

I don't know what you mean.
Have you tried what I mentioned.....??
(2009-04-09, 07:41 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure where it says to CHMOD the images folder. The reason it's broken, and why there's a 403, is because some hosts deem 777 to be a security issue when it isn't necessary, deny access, hence the 403, which breaks the images. Change it to what it needs to be, 755, and it should be OK. If you also CHMODd the actual images for whatever reason they only need to be 644.

I changed it to those and it didn't help.

Where do you get the 403 error? If you mean the global.css file, I don't get that error.
Can you PM me details to your host control panel??

And the 403 is when you try and load an image via a URL.
Pages: 1 2