MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attatchment file not showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I went into the admin panel and made the max file size 5120 (5 MB) for zip file attachments. I uploaded a zip file that was 3 MB on my computer but when the upload finished, it did not show up as one of the completed upload files on the list. Right now I have this 35 KB file on the list but I want the 3MB file uploaded also but it won't show. I cleared the cache and refreshed the browser but it won't appear. My allocated attachment usage is unlimited.
was the 35kb file a zip as well ?

also go to AdminCP---> forums and posts ---> attachments--->attachment statistics and check if the file is there ... and let me know ...

other important thing is to go into AdminCP---> Configuration ---> attachment types---> make sure zip is in the list (also try to increase max file size)
If this persisit , check your host that if they allowed max. file size
Yes, the 35KB file was a zip file.

In the Attachment Statistics page, the 35kb file was there but not the 3MB file.

In the Attachment Types page, I have 2 .zip file extension types listed:

.zip - application/zip - 5 MB
.zip - application/x-zip-compressed - 5 MB

EDIT: I went to my php.ini file in my cpanel and edited it so that the max file size upload for posting and uploading attachments was 100M. Originally the posting limit was 8M and the uploading limit was 2M. After I saved the changes, I cleared out the cache and tried to upload the 3 MB file and it still didn't go through.

This is what php.ini shows:

Quote:; Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.
post_max_size = 2M ---> post_max_size = 100M

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 2M ---> upload_max_filesize = 100M
is it giving you an error or is it uploading and then not showing you the file ?

Are you trying to upload this to a particular thread ? why not give it a shot in a new test topic and see if it works ...
Quote:is it uploading and then not showing you the file

yes

Quote:Are you trying to upload this to a particular thread ?

Yes, I made a sticky thread and am uploading files to it for users on my forum to download from.

Quote:why not give it a shot in a new test topic and see if it works ...

Did that a few seconds ago and the file still didn't show up.
off the top of my head i cant really think of anything more that could be wrong .. you have chmodded the upload folder right ?

the only thing i can offer is to have a look at your acp if somethings not right. pm me if so ...
Might this thread be helpful for you
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42815.html
It's working now....dunno what happened but it's working now..

My php.ini looks like this now:

Quote:; Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.
post_max_size = 10M

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 10M
Glad that I help you Smile
Pages: 1 2