MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing Help-documents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason, I can not edit the default help-documents through AdminCP. I can edit the ones I've created manually later, but not the 7-8 ones that are there by default.

Any ideas???

cheers,
Kimmo
I think you can edit these in the language folder (inc/languages/english/helpdocs.lang.php).

I think the reason for this is so that the help documents can be translated into other languages.
but isn't it a little silly to separate those few items from the rest of the editing-functionality? I can understand that it's a lot more complex to put the custom helpfiles connect to the language-files, but to exclude the standard-items from editing seems like a heavy price to pay...
I need to change them as my whole new site will utilize the FAQ-section for the entire community....ie the FAQ no longer refers to Forums only...but the entire site and the added functionality we've built in it..

cheers,
kimmo
If you were to change the language of your forum, the help files would be shown in another language too. To avoid that the same help file has different information you are not supposed to edit the default language files, but you can disable them and create new ones instead.