MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: LOL I broke down...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have really really really missed forums lately and ended up breaking down and getting an account (shared) through hostgator which I like so far, cPanel seems okay...

I just plan to have one forum and its for weather and climate topics, i aint gonna link it until its established a bit :p

and yeah im using mybb :p

10.00 a month, aint that bad, i was spending over 1500.00 a year on my VPS and 70 domains tho :p
they always come back
Yeah. But for the sake of your sanity, I wont request a review until I get a good logo, customize the header a bit and get somewhat established...
maybe for the sake of your sanity
I guess so...
(2009-04-10, 04:24 AM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]10.00 a month, aint that bad, i was spending over 1500.00 a year on my VPS and 70 domains tho :p

I am dropping over $5k a year on hosting and domain expenses. Luckily I make it back but it's a burden.

Most don't need a VPS or Dedi and a Shared host like HG will do perfectly fine. I have 2 shared hosting accounts and dozens of sites on each without a problem. I use my dedi for larger sites or for special sites that like proxies which break TOS for most shared hosts. Static sites, startup forums, blogs and mini sites all do well on shared.
I love my shared hosting ... I think a lot of people buy more hosting than they really need.
Absolutely. Almost as if saying they have a dedicated gives them special status. In reality...it's a waste of money.
I agree. I think I will do fine with my shared for one forum. And I aint looking to get real huge anytime soon.
I've been spoiled by root. Sad A VPS is a much better value compared to a shared hosting plan since a quality shared hosting plan = ~$10 a month and you can get a decent VPS for $9.95 a month. Stability and security > convenience IMO.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5