MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE users unable to register!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
okay well i have been getting many complaints about users unable to register

i use firefox so i didn't have the problem
i found out most of the people are using IE (internet explorer). so i looked into it, i tryed to register on internet explorer and it always says the second password is wrong... ive tryed copy n pasting the pass into both sections.. typing carefully....

but no beans, now when ppl ahve the problem i say "use firefox"

however im not on 24/7 so i cant tell ppl, i rather have it fixed....

LINK:
http://silabgarza.com/forums/

REGISTER LINK:
http://silabgarza.com/forums/member.php?action=register
This due to the editing of navigation templates, Are you edited navigation templates ever, or used this theme Just ??
(2009-04-11, 05:15 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]This due to the editing of navigation templates, Are you edited navigation templates ever, or used this theme Just ??

What does navigation templates have to do with registering?

*sigh* Sleepy
In editing this template it edited the Username and Password input box, and when IE users try to signup with this forum, They saw a red text around their PASSOWRD input box when they register,

One tutorial was writen by flick from where I edited my own local forum , abd found that bug
If by navigation you mean the welcomeblock then yes, it is the cause.

Because there are the 2 password boxes in the registreation page itself, and the login box, IE in particular gets a bit confused, bless it, and complains that all 3 don't match. One solution that seems to work is if you type the password into the registration boxes, and the login form, but only submit the registration, it should be OK. You can also rename the password field in the welcomeblock to something slightly different (I'm unsure on how to do that) or you can remove the login box from the welcomeblock and give a UL to member.php?action=login instead.