MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Pros and Cons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please notice this is a opinion thread.

This is a thread to help MyBB overthrow all the other free forum softwares.

Pros:
- Easy to install
- Easy theme customization
- Easy mod installation
- Great admin control panel
- Easy to create mods
- Great look
- Stable and secure
- Great developers and development

Cons:
- People selling mods and themes
This is a con because many people want to how many mods on there site but when people sell theme they will move to a different forum software like SMF because it has the same level of installing mods but has WAY more mods it offers.
- Lack of good mods
Many people create mods that other softwares have why not create something that no forum software has to make MyBB step out from the others. I'm creating a special project for you guys you will see it soon. But I think people should get more creative. I know there some good mods out there but many are copies but put in different places.
- Themes
Many people talk the default theme and change the colors and release it. I think people should change the hole look of the software and create a special theme that will wow the people. Justin S. made a great theme because he made every thing nice and smooth and it changed the hole look of MyBB. Also no hard feelings but most of them look ugly. I will be also releasing a nice theme later this mouth that I'm working on that will hopefully surprise you guys Smile

Thanks for reading,
- Classic
For your first post, I must say good jobSmile I don't agree with a con being people selling things. Why wouldn't they? If their good enough, more power to them imho.
very good Smile
Yeah, pretty much everything is dead on. The lack of themes and plugins is definitely MyBB's weakest point. Fortunately, the underlying product is rock solid and the plugin system is amazing.
Actually not ht eplugin system it is the HOOK system best for MyBB
(2009-04-11, 06:58 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Actually not ht eplugin system it is the HOOK system best for MyBB

Please stop trying to provoke me. These are one and the same.
(2009-04-11, 07:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-11, 06:58 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Actually not ht eplugin system it is the HOOK system best for MyBB

Please stop trying to provoke me. These are one and the same.
If you find that provoking, you need to take a step back mate. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, remember that.Toungue
Bey and Ghazal in starting WW3!
(2009-04-11, 07:17 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Bey and Ghazal in starting WW3!

i settle my disputes via beybattle
The reason for the selling is that people search for free forum software like SMF, PHPBB, and MyBB out of all them MyBB has the less amount of mods and themes and right now more people are selling mods for MyBB but they should be improving the archive of the mods by posting more free ones because it will make more people move to MyBB because they have a lot of mods and themes to choose from that is why PHPBB and SMF are on top of the free forum software because they have the huge archives of themes and mods making company be able to sell themes and mods because they have more people to sell to. MyBB doesn't have the huge archive of mods and theme but people think that they will pay for mods when they can move to PHPBB or SMF and get the same mods and themes for free. That why I think people should focus on making free mods and themes instead of having people pay for them. Then when MyBB get a huge archive of mods and theme then they start making themes and mods that people pay for it will help them make more money and also help MyBB.

Thanks,
Classic
Pages: 1 2