MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cPanel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I beleive it can only be disabled through WHM which you'll have to contact your host to do Wink.

But, again why does it matter. It's very easy to find out what port cpanel works off of Toungue. So this won't prevent anything.
(2009-04-11, 10:06 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]I beleive it can only be disabled through WHM which you'll have to contact your host to do Wink.

But, again why does it matter. It's very easy to find out what port cpanel works off of Toungue. So this won't prevent anything.
Exactly my point. And it's not like the person viewing it can do damage, unless they found out your username and password; but even then, they could find it's location anyways.
url:2082 <===
(2009-04-12, 12:45 AM)kjaonline Wrote: [ -> ]url:2082 <===
And you posted this why??
(2009-04-12, 12:47 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-12, 12:45 AM)kjaonline Wrote: [ -> ]url:2082 <===
And you posted this why??

I think that's the port to access cPanel Wink
If you're on a shared hosting plan you might be able to setup a .htaccess file to change or redirect the cpanel directory. If not you'll need access to WHM.

If you have access to WHM then login and do the following:
1) Main >> DNS Functions >> Edit DNS Zone
2) Select the site you wish to edit.
3) Find the A entry for "cpanel" and delete it.
Thanks everyone, It was more of a query something i'd like to know thanks for people's replies.
In case you were trying to hack our control panel (Sad) we don't run cPanel here.
(2009-04-13, 02:57 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]In case you were trying to hack our control panel (Sad) we don't run cPanel here.

I think once a site gets pretty popular cpanel and things like that should be discontinued.
(2009-04-13, 02:57 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]In case you were trying to hack our control panel (Sad) we don't run cPanel here.

VPN FTW! Toungue
Pages: 1 2