MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [FIXED] in portal.php page: publishing user isn't display correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I just noted that when I go to the /portal.php page, on the top of each thread the user is showen like this: "User-%D7%90%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%99". This should be "User-אורי". Do note that I use the Google SEO 1.0.4 plugin.
Can this be corrected and/or is it the plugin's fault?
( If you need: http://www.ithelp.co.il/forum/portal.php )

Thanks,
Ori...
If it was working fine before, I assume it's because of the plugin.
Actually, I don't know as I've never before today went to the portal page. I mentioned the plugin because the "user-" before the name looks like the address you get for a users profile info.
I think I found the problem. In the announcement template there is: "{$announcement['profilelink']}", which, as I understand, should be similer to the "{$post['profilelink']}" in the postbit/postbit_classic template. For some, odd, reason it doesn't show me the correct result. What I should see is my name (אורי) highlighted/linked to the address: "http://www.ithelp.co.il/forum/User-אורי" or "http://www.ithelp.co.il/forum/User-%D7%90%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%99" (in IE). what I see on the top of the announcement is only the last part of the link. What should I do to correct this?
@Tom / Others,
Please look at what I added to my reply. I think this will help solve this, strange, problem.
Like I said, try deactivating the plugin and see if that helps.
I did deactivated it and changed the "Enable search engine friendly URLs" to "Automatic..." and to "Disabled". When the Google SEO was disabled and the "Enable search engine friendly URLs" was on "Disabled" (or "Automatic..., I got "member.php?action=profile&uid=2" in the place of the "{$announcement['profilelink']}". When the SEO is disabled and the "Enable search engine friendly URLs" is "Enabled", I get "user-2.html". On the last option - bothe settings are enabled (or, just the SEO) - I get the "User-%D7%90%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%99". To remind you, the "{$post['profilelink']}" works just fine in the postbit_classic (which, as I understand, does the same as the "{$announcement['profilelink']}").
I solved this (not completely...).
It seems (for some odd reason) that the creator's username wasen't getting formated correctly. To solve this I had to change two(2) lines (probably changing only one would do the job, but I didn't want to start debugging now):

Original code:
Line 294: $user['profilelink'] = get_profile_link($user['uid']);

Line 451: $announcement['profilelink'] = get_profile_link($announcement['uid']);

Changed code:
Line 294: $user['profilelink'] = build_profile_link($user['username'], $user['uid']);

Line 451: $announcement['profilelink'] = build_profile_link($announcement['username'], $announcement['uid']);
Note that (mostly) "get_profile_link(...);" was changed to "build_profile_link(...);"

The, only, problem I've found is that it does give me a linkable username, but not a formatted one.