MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avators and Attachments stored in MySQL Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I think the forum software vBulletin uses this for attachments and avators it it very good for saving server space. Just a basic suggestion.

Thanks,
Classic
How does this save storage space? You realize your MySQL DB takes up space as well, right?
Plus there some hosts that limit your database space to a low amount. And, with this we would just have less people using MyBB because of that and who wants to backup an insanely large database?
This absolutely kills performance. I work with a site that runs on vB, and it's incredibly slow. Every time someone views an avatar, that's a query for the database to handle. Imagine trying to view a thread with 20 posts. Besides having to load all of the required data, it has to load and decode an image too. Yes, it makes it much simpler, but it kills server space and performance.
(2009-04-12, 01:50 AM)Classic Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I think the forum software vBulletin uses this for attachments and avators it it very good for saving server space. Just a basic suggestion.

Thanks,
Classic

No bloat pl0x.