MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Server load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i was just checking my server load for my forum and it shows around 1.18 ... isnt that a little too much ??
Not really. I've seen way worse, tbh.
hmmm ok i guess ill take your word for it ... im a little worried cause my damn hosts moved my account from the server for high server load ...
During rush hours your website maight be working a little bit slower, however around 2,0 isn't bad
i dont have an issue with it running slow just worried that my hosts will relocate me again ...
Is it paid host or free ??
paid ...
(2009-04-12, 07:29 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Is it paid host or free ??
What does that matter???

I'm pretty sure, unless you have like 1 million users and your server load is like 100; I doubt they will do muchToungue
If it's shared hosting, the server load number really has little meaning to you.
Gidday Mate
Had the same problem. Without warning my host shifted me to a different server for the same problem.

Luckerly I was nice to them, and after around two weeks and 23 posts to support we finally worked out the cause. (Mind you their support is as slow a snail)

Its a bugger of a thing to happen, not only for you, but also for your members. I had heaps of emails from members wondering what was happening.

My problem was in "Chat" I started of with "Ajax Chat" which was highly used by my members. Then went to "Spicefuse", a little less of a server load, but still to high. Now I use irc2Go, a off server chat system.
I had to add a line to the header template <li><a href="http://irc2go.com/pjirc/?net=WebChat&room=gps" target="_blank">Chat</a> for it to work properly, but it still works without the server load.

One of the other thing that they said was high was my logo 43kb. I've changed the logo back to 18kb and haven't heard from them since. My server load hovers between 0.5 through to 4.2.

Geoff
Pages: 1 2