MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Forum Permissions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how to go about creating an additional variable for forum permissions.

What I would like to do is have a forum, where people in a specific usergroup can only see and reply to posts in a thread that they are the thread starter.

I can get part way to accomplishing this by setting the permissions like...

Can view forum? (on)
Can view threads within forum? (off)

This allows the users in the usergroup to view the thread titles, and create there own thread, but after they can no longer view there own thread.

If anyone could point me at the right chunk of code or hook to look at it would be appreciated.
Click Edit Permissions/Set Permissions and reselect the option to view threads, and also choose the option 'Use Custom Permissions Below'. This is a MyBB bug fixed for 1.4.5.
All that goes about accomplishing is allowing the users in that usergroup to view there own thread again, along with everyone else in that usergroup.

I would like just the Thread Starter, and the administrators/mods to be able to view each thread in the forum, Something along the lines of

Can View forum (Yes)
Can View Own Threads (Yes)
Can View Other Users Threads (No)

Unless im missing something in the ACP, I don't see anywhere to set an option like that.

Anyone got any idea's on this or know which php files hold the raw mysql queries for the permission looks up?