MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install Simply Won't Continue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I've installed forums before and such so I'm not a beginner but I'm not advanced either.

I uploaded MyBB, did all the CHMods through my ftp.

I logged onto my URL/forum/install and every time I click the "Next" button to continue to the license agreement, I get taken to a 404.

I've tried many things, searched google, and I simply can't figure it out...

Any help would be much appreciated
What is the page that is showing on the 404?
Well I'm using a freehosting site located in Germany. So when it 404s it goes to their 404 page.

The hosting does support phpbb3 so I see no reason why it wouldn't support this?

But the Upload/Install/index.php does show up. When I click the next button to get to the license registration it goes to their 404.

I could PM you the URL to the install if you think that would give you a better idea.

Is there a way to skip from the >Welcome (past the license agreement) to the > Requirements Check?
Yeah, PM me the link please and I'll see if it happens for me as well.
(2009-04-13, 01:11 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, PM me the link please and I'll see if it happens for me as well.

Sent and thanks a bunch.

I switched the PHP Module in the hosting cpanel from 4 to 5 and back to 4 so see if that worked but it didn't.

I don't have an extensive knowledge so that's about all I tried lol.
Ah, try moving all the files from the Upload/ directory to a forum/ directory, and then try installing it.
No dice.

Could it possibly be the hosting?

(If you'd like to check it it's the same link just forum/install)
I just checked, and it does go to a 404. Try asking the host that your using.
(2009-04-13, 01:22 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I just checked, and it does go to a 404. Try asking the host that your using.

Alright, thanks a bunch for your help Tom!
No problemSmile Just post back if you need any more helpWink