MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'm sure this has been asked before..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
But how many forums can you have inside another forum before it breaks?? Like if I have (obviously I will not do this as it would take forever) 100 forums, with each one inside of each other - and then a thread in the last one; would it load all of the parent forums? Or is the limit 3?
Taken from: http://blog.mybboard.net/2008/02/17/scre...b-14-beta/
[Image: breadcrumb.png]
DennisTT and rh1n0 decided it would be fun to see exactly how many sub forums can be nested.

We did not reach a limit, just got bored. I think after that though we did 30 more each.
How is it possible to do that many? Wouldn't you need to loop through all of that to keep getting the parent?? wow...
I'm not sure what you mean. Smile
[attachment=13490]

Gets a bit silly after that, the parent forum option in the ACP gets to about 2000 pixels wide.

Big Grin
Yes, it may be slower, but it's still possible. As for a limit, probably you'd hit PHP's memory limit first if you really wanted to keeping nesting things.
Wow, that is insaneBig Grin haha thanks guysSmile
I wonder. I mean if all of those fourms were made and it did not crash, who knows. Anyway, you kind of also have to see what would happen if all of those forums were active ones.
(2009-04-15, 01:18 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder. I mean if all of those fourms were made and it did not crash, who knows. Anyway, you kind of also have to see what would happen if all of those forums were active ones.

That would be insane.... server would crash prolly.
Yha because think about it. The sub topics take up little or even none of the server space. Fill them up with posts and watch what happens with the server.
Pages: 1 2