MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Log in problems (detailed info - already read others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-04-14, 02:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Just remembered you needed to revert your member_register template to default

How do I do that? Cool
ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Member Templates > find member_login > if the name is in green, click Options > and revert it to original. If you didn't do this when you upgraded then that'll be the cause, you should always make sure you check to see what templates need to be reverted.
AdminCP > Themes and Templates > Your theme template > Expand > Member template > options > Revert to original
Thanks Matt,

The member_login in the Member Templates is not green.
Thanks ghazal,

Still can't revert to original *scratching head*
OK, if you have access to phpMyAdmin, can you run these queries??

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `loginattempts` = '0'
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `failedlogin` = '0'

Then I think the user needs to clear their cookies and go to ./member.php?action=login and login there.

This doesn't fix the underlying issue but should enable the user to login. I'm still curious as to why it isn't working for you but I think this will fix it for the time being.

Can you also printscreen how the Member Template looks expanded, with member_login showing, please??
I've never used the phpMyAdmin before?

Here is a print screen of the Member Template expanded Smile

[Image: membertemplate.gif]

I may just have to have her create a new account. I was just hoping to fix it, so others don't have problems as well. Wink
Why not ask her to get the new password through lost password
She tried that herself a few times, already Sad Then she contacted me and I tried changing it through my AdminCP and it still didn't work. That's when I started doing some investigating here Smile
I might try using a new template first, just to see if that works *shrugs* lol

Again, I appreciate you both taking the time to help me!! You guys are great here!!
I changed my theme and template.. still couldn't log her in. Then I looked throughout her profile settings to see if there was anything about CAPTCHA settings in it.. nope.

Then decided to look in my configurations in my AdminCP. I checked 'Off' under CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting
and now I can log her in just fine!!! LOL
(2009-04-14, 03:39 PM)Lodema Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I appreciate you both taking the time to help me!! You guys are great here!!

Actually MattR is a Guy and I am a Girl Smile
and now we assume that your problem solved ??
(2009-04-14, 04:39 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-14, 03:39 PM)Lodema Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I appreciate you both taking the time to help me!! You guys are great here!!

Actually MattR is a Guy and I am a Girl Smile
and now we assume that your problem solved ??
LOL I meant 'guys' as a whole board, not literally Wink

Informal. persons of either sex; people.. Example: Could one of you guys help me with this? Toungue

Yep, I logged her in just fine Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3