MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change colour of custom templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right now, the colour of default and custom templates isn't _really_ that different. It's just a different shade of blue, and this can cause issues. There's been numerous times where someone has managed to delete the master copy of a template, and this causes problems, making the template that's left behind a 'custom' template, in the different shade of blue, meaning it won't be loaded properly when it's needed. Because the colour of default and custom template is so similar, people may not realise that something isn't right. Also, when we ask 'is the template name in blue', as it's blue whether it's default or custom, it can be hard to get a clear answer. Plus sometimes link colours change when they're clicked so that could make determining whether a template is marked as custom where it should be default even harder. I've also noticed that in different browsers the colour isn't really that different. Whatever the situation, it doesn't really stand out as much as it could, or should.

[attachment=13494]
[attachment=13495]

Can you honestly say that those bottom two template names really stand out?? In the sharepoint one there's almost no difference at all.

I suggest making custom templates red. It'll be easier to see if it's different to the other ones, simply asking 'is it red', and if someone sees a red template name, they'll be more likely to raise issue with it and get it sorted sooner.

You may not think this is very important or might not see the point, but trust me on this, there have been a lot of times where this could have been very useful. Just a change of text colour.
They stand out more than enough for me. I would prefer actually the same link color, but next to it a black unlinked asterisk or something.
Yea would be nicer for the colorblind aswell.