MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post 1.4.4 upgrade issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 and I'm having a number of errors.

Users are no longer able to access the site at all and get a 404. I am kind of able to access the site. I was able to get into the Admin CP but I have to log in everytime I access another page in the CP. The upgrade appears to have completed successfully and I have attempted to follow the steps the upgrade suggested which was to "Find Updated Templates" but when I access that tab in the Templates, I get the following error:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1104 - The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

Query:
SELECT t.tid, t.title, t.sid, t.version FROM mybb_templates t LEFT JOIN mybb_templates m ON (m.title=t.title AND m.sid=-2 AND m.version > t.version) WHERE t.sid > 0 AND m.template != t.template ORDER BY t.sid ASC, title ASC

TIA for any help! I have searched the forums and can't seem to find anything on this topic.

Barry
The SQL error is something only your host can fix - if you give it to them, they should be able to increase the limits.

Basically, MyBB is going to be retrieving more information from your database than your host can handle.

At least, I think that's what it is... if I'm wrong feel free to correct it Smile
So, what exactly should I ask my host to do? Now I can't even access my forums at all. Things have gone from bad to worse for me and I'm not sure what is connected anymore!
I'd assume they need to do something to the MAX_JOIN_SIZE setting.

'use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay'
Connection issues have been fixed by Host. Asked them about this SQL error and waiting for response.

Funny, the error directs you to the MyBB forums for support!
(2009-04-15, 09:34 PM)RARE_1 Wrote: [ -> ]Funny, the error directs you to the MyBB forums for support!

If you haven't noticed all the critical error boxes direct you here Toungue
I haven't noticed Dennis, I don't get that many errors!!!!!! Big Grin

Sorry for the long space between visits but I just got the response back from my host:

Quote:Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The max join size error indicates that the SQL server would examine more records than it is allowed to. This can be resolved by adding proper indexes to your database. Alternatively writing a more optimized SELECT statement will also help remove this error. In almost all instances this issue is resolved with proper indexes. It's only when your database tables reach larger than 10GB when this issue is more pronounced.

Regards,
Richard

Any thoughts from the experts?

My forum is quite small with only 51 members and 2,785 posts in 331 threads. I can't imagine that any of our databases are too large.

www.projectmayhemforums.com if you want to check it out.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
No, you shouldn't have to do anything like that. Every other time someone has this issue, the host fixes it.