MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make the profile clickable on header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I read many people like the profile clickable on header as vBulletin and today I found a small edit to do that, we need the language file "global.lang.php"
Open that file and find line 35:
Quote:$l['welcome_back'] = "<strong>Welcome back, {1}</strong>. You last visited: {2}";
Replace with:
Quote:$l['welcome_back'] = "<strong>Welcome back, <a href='./member.php?action=profile'>{1}</a></strong>. You last visited: {2}";

FinishedBig Grin

Official modification link: http://www.mybbitalia.com/forum/Thread-r...ell-header
You may not disribuite it Smile

Bye bye
usually, if you want to see your profile by click your nickname on your post Smile
nice tips
Very nice tips.

I'm using it
Thank you! this was really helpfull. Do you know how to do that with the nickname on the posts? I mean, when you click someones nickname on of his posts you enter his profile.
I just noticed that this functions is being used in this forum ^^ I want it too heh
(2009-04-15, 11:27 PM)PabloW Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know how to do that with the nickname on the posts? I mean, when you click someones nickname on of his posts you enter his profile.
I just noticed that this functions is being used in this forum ^^ I want it too heh

That's default... if it isn't on your forum, you've changed something...
(2009-04-15, 11:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-15, 11:27 PM)PabloW Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know how to do that with the nickname on the posts? I mean, when you click someones nickname on of his posts you enter his profile.

That's default... if it isn't on your forum, you've changed something...

Mmm, maybe its the skin i've putted on. Anyway, can you help me fixing it? Maybe editing some template. Do you know how?

Thanks
Yes...I saw your forum...acp-->Style & Templates--ShowThread Templates-->Find all and replace with:
<html><head><title> MyBBItalia - {$thread['subject']}</title>{$headerinclude}<script type="text/javascript"><!--	var quickdelete_confirm = "{$lang->quickdelete_confirm}";// --></script><script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/thread.js?ver=1400"></script></head><body>	{$header}	{$pollbox}	<div class="float_left">		{$multipage}	</div>	<div class="float_right">		{$newreply}	</div>	{$ratethread}	<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="clear: both; border-bottom-width: 0;">		<tr>			<td class="thead" colspan="2">				<div style="float: right;">					<span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="showthread.php?mode=threaded&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;pid={$pid}#pid{$pid}">{$lang->threaded}</a> | <a href="showthread.php?mode=linear&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;pid={$pid}#pid{$pid}">{$lang->linear}</a></strong></span>				</div>				<div>					<strong>{$thread['subject']}</strong>				</div>			</td>		</tr>		{$classic_header}	</table>	<div id="posts">		{$posts}	</div>	<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0;">		<tr>			<td colspan="2" class="tfoot">				{$search_thread}				<div>					<strong>&laquo; <a href="{$next_oldest_link}">{$lang->next_oldest}</a> | <a href="{$next_newest_link}">{$lang->next_newest}</a> &raquo;</strong>				</div>			</td>		</tr>	</table>	<div class="float_left">		{$multipage}	</div>	<div style="padding-top: 4px;" class="float_right">		{$newreply}	</div>	<br style="clear: both;" />	{$quickreply}	{$threadexbox}	{$similarthreads}	<br />	<div class="float_left">		<ul class="thread_tools">			<li class="printable"><a href="printthread.php?tid={$tid}">{$lang->view_printable}</a></li>			<li class="sendthread"><a href="sendthread.php?tid={$tid}">{$lang->send_thread}</a></li>			<li class="subscription_{$add_remove_subscription}"><a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a></li>		</ul>	</div>	<div class="float_right" style="text-align: right;">		{$moderationoptions}		{$forumjump}	</div>	<br style="clear: both;" />	{$footer}</body></html>
(2009-04-16, 04:51 AM)Giangy94 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes...I saw your forum...acp-->Style & Templates--ShowThread Templates-->Find all and replace with:
Quote:<html><head><title> MyBBItalia - {$thread['subject']}</title>{$headerinclude}<script type="text/javascript"><!-- var quickdelete_confirm = "{$lang->quickdelete_confirm}";// --></script><script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/thread.js?ver=1400"></script></head><body> {$header} {$pollbox} <div class="float_left"> {$multipage} </div> <div class="float_right"> {$newreply} </div> {$ratethread} <table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="clear: both; border-bottom-width: 0;"> <tr> <td class="thead" colspan="2"> <div style="float: right;"> <span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="showthread.php?mode=threaded&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;pid={$pid}#pid{$pid}">{$lang->threaded}</a> | <a href="showthread.php?mode=linear&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;pid={$pid}#pid{$pid}">{$lang->linear}</a></strong></span> </div> <div> <strong>{$thread['subject']}</strong> </div> </td> </tr> {$classic_header} </table> <div id="posts"> {$posts} </div> <table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0;"> <tr> <td colspan="2" class="tfoot"> {$search_thread} <div> <strong>&laquo; <a href="{$next_oldest_link}">{$lang->next_oldest}</a> | <a href="{$next_newest_link}">{$lang->next_newest}</a> &raquo;</strong> </div> </td> </tr> </table> <div class="float_left"> {$multipage} </div> <div style="padding-top: 4px;" class="float_right"> {$newreply} </div> <br style="clear: both;" /> {$quickreply} {$threadexbox} {$similarthreads} <br /> <div class="float_left"> <ul class="thread_tools"> <li class="printable"><a href="printthread.php?tid={$tid}">{$lang->view_printable}</a></li> <li class="sendthread"><a href="sendthread.php?tid={$tid}">{$lang->send_thread}</a></li> <li class="subscription_{$add_remove_subscription}"><a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a></li> </ul> </div> <div class="float_right" style="text-align: right;"> {$moderationoptions} {$forumjump} </div> <br style="clear: both;" /> {$footer}</body></html>

I copied this but it isnt working. =(

Thanks anyway
Putting code in quote tags probably isn't the best way of giving it. Plus you have the wrong template.

View a diff report on the postbit and postbit_classic template and see what's missing relating to profiles, from memory it's {$profilelink} but don't quote me on that.
Nickman has a tutorial called "Making the Welcome Back, Username Clickable!": http://mybbsource.com/forums/thread-1537.html

Cheers,
Gene
Pages: 1 2