MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Update help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, so I'm doing my first MyBB update, and I was just wondering if it's, like, a straightforward procedure. When I re-install it, does it keep all the information from the first time I installed or do I need to enter it again? Will it keep all my settings and skins? I'm FAIRLY sure it will keep the posts because that's a mysql thing, but I have known data to become corrupted with updates on other BB software so I was wondering if that is an issue with MyBB as well.

Thanks!
Why would you re-install?? Undecided There's an upgrader so you can just upgrade the database, if you installed again, you'd erase everything. You don't lose any data, it'd be a bit pointless if you had to re-do stuff every time you upgraded Smile

What version are you upgrading from...??
I'm upgrading from 1.4.2 to 1.4.4.

Also, I don't have to re-install? Cool.

Good thing I asked first XD
Ok, download the 1.4.4 package, and upload all of it, except ./inc/settings.php, overwriting the current files, and then go to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php, choose 1.4.2 from the list, and follow the wizard. Oh yeah, and make sure you have a full database backup first.
Alright, cool. Thanks.
If you're having problems with it, PM me and I'll help you out.